2 33 cm pizzas per batch
40 per hour
- 6 to 8kg / heating cycle
- 2 to 3 30 cm dishes per batch
- 8kg per batch (bread)
- Warrantee 5 years
The most well-known Ephrem oven
L’Authentique Pizzaiolo wood-fired oven kit, formerly known as “Le Pizzaiollo”, is our original model. It is our best-seller and highly appreciated by many users. Perfect for family use thanks to its size and comfort of use, it is ideal for cooking pizzas, grills and stews. Also suitable for baking bread.
756€ TTC 630€ (HT) In stock
VAT included | Excluding shipping costs | Payment 3 times without fees possible for all orders between €500 and €2000
Free collection at the factory | Home delivery from 84€ onwards (France excl. Corsica)
- Made of: Pozzolan
- Inner diameter: 90 cm
- Dimensions of the kit when assembled: H60 x W110 x D131 cm
- Minimum dimensions of the load-bearing slab: W142 x D142 x Thickness 10cm
- Weight: 380kg
- Weight of the heaviest element: 58kg
- Number of firebox elements: 7
- Number of floor elements: 6
- Number of guests: 12 & more
Delivered with: black steel door
Optional extras: barbecue grid, cooking and assembly accessories
Tips from our expert
Nadine, technical advisor for Ephrem for over 30 years.
There are several ways to optimise the use of your L’Authentique Pizzaiolo wood-fired oven:
- Carefully read the assembly instructions provided and follow them thoroughly. Pay attention to the recommended materials and any specific instructions, such as where to seal the oven when necessary. It is recommended to keep these instructions for future reference. Additionally, noting down the letters on the elements of your oven can be helpful in case you need to replace any parts that may break during installation;
- For dome or corner insulation, choose a load-bearing slab with optimal dimensions of 150×150 cm to provide more space for insulation;
- It is also important to think about your smoke evacuation before buying the oven. This can be achieved through either a flue pipe or a chimney. The connection pipe is the most important accessory not to overlook, for those who wish to use flue pipes;
- To add the finishing touches to your project, make use of our convenient ready-to-use embellishments. A guaranteed time saver! Explore our range of embellishments here.
If you have any more questions, please refer to our frequently asked questions section or feel free to contact us! Nadine will be more than happy to assist you.
What is the difference with Le Gastronome? The Gastronome is a fully equipped oven that is an excellent companion, especially for baking bread. The Authentique Pizzaiolo, although requiring slightly more handling for bread, is an oven that is just as efficient and easy to embellish. Read more about it here.
You want to bake bread? Insulate your oven with mineral wool (or Ephrem insulating fibre) + sand, and go for the authentic insulating door. This combination will offer you great comfort when baking bread: slow heat restitution thanks to the mass effect of the sand. Additionally, our L’Authentique insulating door, reinforced with pozzolan, provides excellent insulation for the baking chamber.
Interested in grilling? The barbecue grid is a great accessory that complements the cooking kit of your oven. It adds versatility to your oven, allowing you to use it for barbecuing as well. You can place a cast iron dish under the grill to collect the grease while keeping the embers in an arched shape inside the oven. Alternatively, you can leave the floor bare and, bring the embers back over the fat to burn it off, your oven will be as good as new.
Are you planning to install your oven indoors? This is perfectly possible, as long as the oven is installed in a ventilated room (with a window) and you do not store wood or flammable products nearby. The duct shutter plays a crucial role in maintaining proper airflow: when closed, it prevents cold air from entering the room.
high thermal inertia
Our insulation and installation tips
Connection pipe for stainless-steel conduit D200
L’Authentique Insulating Door
Insulating fiber roll 7320×610 thickness 25 mm
Cast iron façade with double swing door
Wooden pizza peel
Aluminium plate 40 cm
500 degree thermometer
Made in Provence, France
5 year warranty
Our customer service at your disposal
Secure payment and data
3x payment without fees
An Ephrem wood-fired oven is:
A natural raw material: Pozzolan
Each component of our ovens is made of refractory earth concrete, using natural, high-quality French raw materials. Our domestic ovens are made from pozzolan, a volcanic rock from the French Ardèche region, which we were the first to transform into concrete. The result is a high level of refractoriness, which ensures great inertia: the heat of the wood is stored and then slowly released as the cooking cycle progresses.
How does an Ephrem wood-fired oven work?
- Kit: When you purchase an Ephrem oven, you are selecting a durable, affordable, and easy-to-assemble wood-fired oven kit. Whether you decide to install the oven yourself or hire a professional, our detailed instructions will assist you throughout the process. If you have any inquiries or uncertainties, we are here to provide assistance and support.
- Insulation & chimney: our wood-fired oven kits need to be insulated according to our recommendations and connected to a chimney. For optimal operation, it is imperative to provide good insulation and to ensure that the smoke evacuation system is correctly installed. When properly installed, your Ephrem wood-fired oven will stay warm for a long time, allowing you to make the most of all its functions.
- Customisable: as part of a ready-made kit, our ovens can be cladded in your own style. Whether the oven is visible or completely integrated into the structure: it’s up to you. Plastered or mosaic finishes, chamber or dome mounting: decorate as you wish.
- Or turnkey, with Le Flambeur: go for an all-inclusive version and choose a contemporary oven design for a tasty & aesthetic wood-fired kitchen.
- Wood-fired cooking: discover the unique taste of wood-fired pizza, the smell of bread straight out of the wood-fired oven, or the tender inside and braised outside of your grills. In addition to its versatility, using an Ephrem wood-fired oven encourages you to take your time, enjoy the moment and learn by making.
Tips & FAQ
You couldn’t find the answer?
Got a question? Chances are the answer is right here!
How to choose your Ephrem wood-fired oven?
The important questions to ask yourself when choosing your oven are: is it for domestic or professional use? how much space do I have? what do I want to cook in the oven? how many guests can I feed with the oven? what is my budget? By answering these questions you can filter the ovens according to the minimum dimensions of the load-bearing slab, the size of the oven, its cooking capacity and its price. If you still are unsure, do not hesitate to contact us.
How long does it take to deliver?
It is possible to collect our domestic wood-fired ovens (excluding the Combinés and the Flambeur) from the factory on the same day as your purchase. For professional ovens, collection within 2 days is also possible from our premises. In either case, please ensure that you have a vehicle suitable for transporting the weight of the oven and a pallet measuring 100x120cm for domestic ovens or 110x130cm for professional ovens. The home delivery service by carrier guarantees receipt of your order within 8 to 10 days from the time the order is processed for metropolitan France. For Corsica and export: please contact us.
How long does it take to build an Ephrem wood-fired oven?
An Ephrem wood-fired oven kit such as the Authentic Pizzaiolo can be installed in one day, excluding the drying time for the base (48 hours). The overall construction will require about a month’s work, including the assembly and drying time of the load-bearing slab, the installation of the oven, its insulation and then the completion of the framework (roofing, cladding). A useful tip is to start the load-bearing slab before receiving your oven and to dry your sand to save time.
How do I insulate my Ephrem wood-fired oven?
There are two ways to insulate your oven: in a box or in a dome. You can find our recommendations on this subject in this article.
The construction of my oven is completed, how do I get it started?
The first few warm-ups are very important. They are part of a sometimes forgotten stage called “dehumidification”. This involves gradually heating the oven in order to evacuate the humidity from the structure before using it. You can find our advice on dehumidifying in the dedicated article here.
- Hand built and local: We hand build our wood-fired ovens in Haute-Provence. The entire process is carried out in our manufacture in Villeneuve (04, France) and our suppliers and service providers are French.
- Durability: Our ovens last over time and make their owners happy. Word of mouth is our best ally.
- Sustainability: Committed for 3 years to a project of rehabilitation and global modernisation of our activity and our production site, Les Ateliers du Lauzon, we wish to ground our approach in sustainable innovation, with strong technical expertise focused on the environment and environmentally conscious commitments.